10.29.2023 - Changelog
Got the GokuLuck backstage image added to the gallery, and knocked out two short menpas-- Ryoga's from the 13th, and cozmez's from the 25th! (Sorry, cozmez bias is hard to overcome, especially when their menpas take like five minutes to translate, haha.)
I will be getting to them, I promise! I'm just trying to make dents where I can, lol.
10.26.2023 - Changelog
General updates: Updated the Anime Episode listing page for PRIDE, and added the BAE and cozmez backstage illustrations. GokuLuck to be added when it's posted!
I am very behind on menpas right now, but I am trying to keep a list of which ones I still need to do. Please be patient. I have a day job and that day job takes a lot out of me when menpas are already probably my least favorite thing to translate, so they will be forthcoming, I just... there's so many this month. There's so many and so many tweets. There is so much to translate. Send help. (I'm kidding, probably.)
I'm very tired. I will write more of an update later. Goodnight.
Also, created a more robust Reading Order page for new fans who are confused about what they need to get into the franchise! Please feel free to share it and the New To Paradox Live? page around for people who may be trying to dive in after getting interested in the first few episodes of the anime!
Counting down to the release of REVOLUTION and trying to get everything I can get sorted ahead of time sorted, haha. It's gonna be a long day for me but I'm very excited!!
Also updated the gallery page with Rokuta's birthday art, and updated the anime episodes page with a belated summary of DESIRE! Screenshots to come, I just wanted to get it updated before too much more time had passed.
Planning to update the SWANK page with the new line of goods soon, just hold tight.
Also got Shion's mention party from the 6th uploaded!
Second, the 300k Official Bilibili followers illustration of Yuto has been added to the gallery!
Also, a bunch of anime-related news; I've revamped the anime page to redirect to both a "prerelease information" page and also an episode guide, with the ep1 summary based on my recollections of the pre-screening event. It will likely update with time!
Also-also, the anime release commemorative illustration has been added to the gallery.
Also-also-also, I've translated and mirrored the official oshi shindan (basically a quizlet)! You can find it on the anime index page, since it specifically deals with the anime.
Furthermore, it's October now, so the B's Log interview from the October 2023 issue is no longer password locked, as promised!
Also-also translated an old magazine mini-interview from the June 2021 issue of Animedia!
Also, those with access to it (and in the case that Twitter finally eats shit for real), Phanto.MOE is now on BlueSky at @phanto.moe! At the moment I will just be crossposting announcements about site updates (I am not insane enough to try and crosspost all tweet translations), but that is now a place where you can find updates and information about my translations.
I've been (gradually) working on adding belated alt text to a lot of images on the site, which should help in the case of a loading spinout. This is mostly invisible, but I wanted to note it.
I've been debating switching hosting services to something a little more robust (and, more importantly, a service that supports server-end includes...), especially as the anime draws nearer, but that's a matter that's -- again -- entirely on my end. Just a heads up!
Also added a note about the October 2023 issue of Animedia, which is featuring Paradox Live: The Animation, and a note about the new character profiles that have been added to the anime's site on the page about the anime!
I will be tackling the AMPRULE and 1Nm8 dramas tomorrow and the next day, as they come out!
Also: preemptively added a section to the audio dramas section for the After-SHOWDOWN mini-dramas that are set to be released via YouTube in a couple days. I will be translating these (even if there ends up being an official translation), so stay tuned for that!
- Yuto's birthday art added to the gallery page!
- The Road to Legend Winning Manifestos have been added! Translations for these short videos can be found under Other Translations!
- Shiki's birthday art and the new anime team visuals have been added to the gallery page!
- A note about said new visuals has been added to the anime page.
- I added a quick note about the two recurring named cats, Luna and Kurobuchi Maou DX, to the "Glossary" page, under 'People & Entities'! I figured I should add them because I have seen some confusion about which cat is which.
- And, the biggest one: the character schedules have been added! They are under Other Translations! These include both the original schedules posted in 2020 for the original four teams, and the updated schedules posted in 2022 for all main eight groups.
Still working on some other stuff (the character schedules are about ~30% done).
I will be working on new translations of extra material soon, but right now this stuff is a lot less work, so bear with me! My current to-do list, in no particular order, is to continue working on the Merch page; to expand the manga page with full chapter summaries; and to translate the character schedules from both the Fan Book and social media.
Also: new illustration added to the official art gallery, under follower milestones; this one is for 10k followers on the official English Facebook page!
Also-also: I've added the Favorite Character Sorter and Favorite Song Picker, since I figure these are resources that people generally like having on-hand. These are both located on the Other Stuff page under the 'Other' heading, since they're not translations but they may be useful or entertaining!
Some pages (merch, magazines, other translations) are a little bit empty now, but they should hopefully provide at least some useful information, even if that information is "I plan to write more about this as it becomes feasible".
Some pages are relatively straightforward in terms of information, but for some -- especially the anime and mobile game pages -- they will, in future, become far more robust mini-directories as more about these respective adaptations comes to be known.
From the jump, though, some notes:
- All of my drama and novel translations, and all of my and Carp's song translations, are live! All of our social media translations (Twitter and Paratora) are mirrored, as well.
- Every character profile is complete and features extra information where that information is canonically available, and the character index includes the short blurbs about the units as presented on the official site.
- The official art gallery, while not complete, is fully functional. Do take a minute to let the thumbnails load, though!
- The CDs page lists a brief summary of the drama tracks (where relevant) and includes full track listings and the results of the CDs that had voting rounds.
- The Glossary page defines not just terms, but useful lists of locations and characters and entities who do not have full profiles!
- The Music page provides an overview of every song, its composers, and the release date of its MV (where applicable)!
- And more!